Moving ahead positively as a single mom happened when I could focus and be thankful for my life. Painful circumstances along with a broken heart were still there. As I took time to reflect on things I could be thankful for, my heart would begin to warm before bitterness could set in. I have to say, sometimes my thankfulness wasn’t as heartfelt as it should have been, but I knew I had to keep focused. Do you feel the same way?
- I didn’t have much money, but I was able to scrape by and take care of my girls
- I didn’t really have any huge financial investments but I had a place to live so I could protect and make memories for the three of us
- I had a job that allowed me to pay bills even though I had to fight rush hour traffic and work a 40 hour week
- My car was old and continually needed repairs but it got me from A to B most of the time
- I didn’t have a husband but I had a wonderful family and friends that loved and supported me
For many of you, this marks your American Thanksgiving. Some of you will celebrate with friends and family. Maybe this year, you will be by yourself. I know, without a doubt, that your life circumstances aren’t easy. Can we take a minute to go through the word THANKS. I hope it will encourage you because that is my heart’s desire for you and why I continue to write this blog.
T=Talk to God about your hurting heart and anything you want to say to Him. He is a big God who is interested in your situation.
H=Think of one issue in your life that you desire healing from and its next steps.
A= Ask for help. You will be encouraged of those that will want to walk beside you. It was a priceless gift for me.
N=Continue to let go of Negative thinking and begin to think of some positive ones in your life right now.
K= Kiss your kids and hold them tight. Plan something fun with them this week.
S=Scream every once in a while when you are alone! Lol. It didn’t really help but it kept the vocal chords healthy!
I am so encouraged by the words in the Psalms. The writer, David, knew he needed to have a thankful heart too.
Psalm 138: 1-3, “With all my heart I praise you, Lord. In the presence of angels I sing your praises. I worship at your holy temple and praise you for your love and your faithfulness. You were true to your word and made yourself more famous than ever before. When I asked for your help, you answered my prayer and gave me courage.”
Dear one, please be encouraged. You are not alone.
- God wants to hear from you. Take some time to talk to him about very specifics
- Whether it is your Thanksgiving celebration or not, say out loud two things you are thankful for today
- Do you have someone you can call for help
- Write out some things you are thankful for. It may feel like a stretch but at least try
- I want you to know my heart’s desire is to encourage you. I am so thankful for this blog in hopes to touch someone’s heart.
YOU CAN DO THIS!