As a single mom, I moved a number of times due to cost, jobs, and support systems. Wherever we hung our hat, I wanted the girls to sense each address was a place of safety and security. It never seemed to be serene because it was packed full with homework, kids’ activities, sleep overs, and chores. But it was a place where they could feel it was ‘home’.
I also wanted it to be a place where the decisions I made for myself and my two children were held together with wisdom….God’s wisdom.
A woman’s family is held together by her wisdom, but it can be destroyed by her foolishness. Proverbs 14: 1
I know it can be a heavy load to be a responsible parent. No one can do it all on their own. I can’t count the number of times I cried out to the Lord to help me make wise choices. It can be scary and at times, daunting. Yet, God’s faithfulness never failed me.
He provided me with peace about certain decisions, gave me wise friends to chat with, and two girls that loved me despite my goofs from time to time.
God’s wisdom is a priceless treasure as you make your home and fill each room with God’s presence. Walking into each room and asking God to help and protect us, enabled our family to move ahead in life.
A beautiful verse, which I saw recently on someone’s wall, is a promise as you raise your kids and make decisions.
Use wisdom and understanding to establish your home: let good sense fill the rooms with priceless treasures. Proverbs 24: 3-4
Are you contemplating some decisions and needing wisdom for:
- A move
- Trying out for a new job
- Changing schools for your kids
- Thinking about starting to date, or shutting one down
- Making a new budget
- Talking to your child about a certain behaviour
- Dealing with issues with your ex
Whatever it is, use God’s wisdom and understanding so that all the rooms of your home will be filled with priceless treasures.
“Everything you were taught can be put into a few words:
Respect And Obey God! This is what life is all about.” Ecclesiastes 12:13
- Claim and memorize Proverbs 24: 3-4 as a promise for your home
- Take time to enter each room and ask God to bless each space
- Make this place where your kids can feel at home
- Ask God to give you wisdom where you live and work
- Use good sense to fill each room with priceless treasures from God
YOU CAN DO THIS!