I believe most of us like to plan our lives, have our calendar planned for the month, and a sense of order to our lives. We know that doesn’t always work out.
Some days being an ostrich seems like a great idea. Sticking my head into the sand and pretending there were no problems or pressures seems like a fantastic idea!
Single parenting can be overwhelming and exhausting. Sometimes the issues come all at once and it feels like a landslide.
- The school calls about your child being ill and they request you come pick he/she up.
- Because your child is sick, you have to take time off work and your boss isn’t very flexible.
- As you pick up your child, a strange noise starts coming from under the hood of your car… just great!
- You load your laundry into the wash machine only to find it won’t spin anymore.
- Caller ID says your ex is calling you
Sound familiar? Yep, being an ostrich is just the ticket. Well, not really but we all experience these times. It’s real and it’s normal! If there was a word I could say or dance I could do to fix things instantly I would.
However, I want to encourage you:
- You are normal
- You will get through this
- You can lean on:
1. God …He can be trusted
2. A support group or trusted friend
It is time to say good-bye to the Ostrich and learn to be an Eagle. Did you know that am Eagle can carry 4 times its weight? As a single parent, you carry a super heavy load called Life. As you use your wings, you will get stronger and more confident and be able to handle more of the unknown. I had to flap my wings a lot but got stronger with each situation! I know you will to!
But those who trust the Lord will find new strength. They will be strong like eagles soaring upward on wings; they will walk and run without getting tired. Isaiah 40:31 (CEV)
You can do this!