Hope moves us forward. It’s like the fuel in our car, the butter on our bread, or the warmth of the sun on our face.
History tells of those who said the only thing that got them through trauma and tragedy was HOPE. We can have hope every day because Jesus Christ was our perfect sacrifice. We not only have the promise of eternal life but the courage when life can feel hopeless. I know because there were times I felt there was no hope. God reminded me time and time again,
The Lord is there to rescue all who are discouraged and have given up hope. Psalm 34:18 (CEV)
We can HOPE even when:
- Things are super tight until the next paycheque
- When the ex-spouse is throwing curve balls and a court date is approaching regarding child custody
- The work place is tough and you need a positive attitude toward some people who stand at the water cooler
- Your child is ill and you need wisdom
- Your child is adjusting to the separation/or divorce
- You are extremely lonely and wonder if you will ever find love again
- The car broke down AGAIN
- People are talking behind your back…
And on and on it goes….
Hope isn’t about crossing our fingers, toes, or our eyes! It’s an action word when we believe there is much to live for despite some tough circumstances. God gives TRUE HOPE.
Does our situation instantly change? It may not, but in those situations God imparts hope to keep us facing forward. If I didn’t have God’s hope in my life, I am not sure where I would be today. His hope helped me step forward from my divorce, raise my two children, find a job(s) to support the three of us, and provide when the bank account was looking pretty grim. I spent time with feelings of loneliness wanting someone to love me. There were times I was lying in bed sick-as-a-dog without a husband to hold my hand. God kept saying, I’m here, don’t give up!
God proved to me that He was what I needed and He still does today. He wants us to ask Him for hope. What does your list look like of help and needing hope? Will you partner with God with all the issues you are facing right now in life?
The cool thing is that if we can grasp the wonderful HOPE He gives us, we can in turn encourage and help others.
He comforts us when we are in trouble, so that we can share that same comfort with others in trouble. 2 Corinthians 1:4 (CEV)
- Truth is, we all have plenty to live for because of His HOPE. Will you take this HOPE?
- Understand that life is worth living with God as your HOPE
- Memorize Psalm 34:18
- True Fact: Each day there is a promise with God’s Hope.
- Are you seeking God and wondering what life can offer. Check out: https://www.allaboutgod.com/god-loves-you.htm
YOU CAN DO THIS!
Next time: LOVE