Peace seems to be such an antiquated word anymore. Wars, terrorist attacks, the unsettling dollar, stress with economic demise and a restless in our souls. It can be hard to comprehend having Peace.
As a single mom, peace didn’t come easy for me. Worry seemed to stamp it out and my Life Bowl with the Fruit called Peace went spoiled.
Filling days with busyness because we feel unsettled won’t give us peace. Society says to have lots of fun, build an empire, make a name for yourself, marry instead of being single, and buy new things. Reach for the stars! We are told to fight for our rights and demand that life is all about me.
Hum….How is that working for our world?
It is important to enjoy life, invest, and be all we can be. But the truth is, PEACE will come only from God’s Spirit.
Without peace, we struggle with our health, our emotions and our eternal state. Our Bowl of Life can be pretty empty when our heart is void of any peace. At the end of the day, peace hasn’t begun to rule our hearts and well-being. Like joy, it is not something to purchase at Walmart or Macy’s.
GOOD NEWS! We can have a Peace of Fruit! 🙂
Let’s be encouraged by God’s Scriptures.
- A Relationship with Jesus Christ will give Peace.
This is the same message that God gave to the people of Israel, when he sent Jesus Christ, the Lord of all, to offer peace to them. Acts 10:36
By Faith we have been made acceptable to God. And now, because of our Lord Jesus Christ, we live at peace with God. Romans 5:1
- God’s Peace has a rippling affect for Happiness and Hope.
I pray that God, who gives hope, will bless you with complete happiness and peace because of your faith. And may the power of the Holy Spirit fill you with hope. Romans 15:13
- It will Help Make Positive Life’s Decisions and Choices
Years ago a wise pastor told me to pray for God’s peace when making a major decision in my life. In 2009, marked in my Bible, was my life verse for that year.
Then, because you belong to Christ Jesus, God will bless you with peace that no one can completely understand. And this peace will control the way you think and feel. Philippians 4:7
Dear One, what do you need peace about?
- Have you put your faith in Jesus Christ? (See above Romans 5:1)
- Important decisions about your kids? Teenagers can be especially challenging.
- Are you in a relationship and wonder about the next step?
- Are you struggling wondering if God is really there?
- Instability of your job?
- Finances, Future, Friends?
- Will issues with your ex ever stop or at least slow down?
Living life can empty our Life Bowl of the Fruit called Peace. More than ever, we need God’s Spirit to invade our heart with His True Peace. Trying to fill our Life Bowl with other things won’t fix it. Come to Him and ask for His Peace.
Despite life’s troubles and tragedies of Life we can have True Peace. Horatio Spafford (1828-1888) experienced great loss of his business and death of his children. You will be inspired as you read his story. He wrote this song because He was filled with God’s Peace. The lady that sings this song on UTube is Joni Eareckson-Tada who lived a life in a wheel chair and she, too, knew what God’s Peace was. Please take a few minutes to encourage your soul.
God gives peace, and he raised our Lord Jesus Christ from death. Now Jesus is like a Great Shepherd whose blood was used to make God’s eternal agreement with his flock. I pray that God will make you ready to obey him and that you will always be eager to do right. May Jesus help you do what pleases God. To Jesus Christ be glory forever and ever! Amen. Hebrews 13:20-21
- Don’t let God’s Spirit of Peace go spoiled in your life
- Talk to God about true Inner Peace
- Ask Him to give you His Peace about important decisions in your life.
- Think about how you are trying to get peace on your own and if it is working
- Pray Hebrews 13:20-21 for you and your children.
Next week: Hurry up and Get Patience!
YOU CAN DO THIS!