Autumn seems so short and before I know it the cold wintry weather is here. I often sit and view the splash of hundreds of coloured leaves that look like a gorgeous patchwork quilt. A strong wind will come up leaving naked branches! So I take the time to walk through the crunchy leaves, take pictures of the scenery, and realize that change is coming.
As much as I wish the patchwork view would stay, I know that another season is coming which I can’t stop or change.
I like the challenge of change most times. It is refreshing like a cool autumn breeze.
Over the years
- I have sat in an evening class and cracked open my new textbook ready to learn
- I was given a new job description at work and was pumped for it
- A new tradition began for my family and I was all over it
- After being a alone as a single mom for 12 years, I was proposed to and given a second chance at marriage during the Autumn season
However, there has been some changes in my life that hit me sideways and keeping my balance was difficult.
- Suddenly became a single mom
- A heavy financial bill that needed to be fixed quickly
- Downsizing in the workplace and found myself in the unemployment line
- People that said they would be there…weren’t
- My adult girls grew up and moved away (even though it was exciting it was hard on me!)
- Aging has brought changes in my body…and that isn’t funny!
I am sure you have your own list of changes that you have no control over. The good thing is that Jesus Christ never changes.
Jesus Christ never changes! He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. Hebrews 13:5 (CEV)
When life is continually changing, we can count and trust on Him to be our constant. He will be our stability.
Accepting that changes will happen will go a long way in moving forward in your life. Some will be positive while others not so much. Asking God for direction understanding He never changes will give confidence that He is there to help and listen.
Autumn is here and with that changes are coming. Good news is that it can be a very rewarding season for some positive changes. When faced with unexpected and tough changes, we can reach to God for help and guidance to make wise and right choices.
- Believe you can face changes head-on.
- What do you feel would be a good positive change in your life?
- Have a positive plan of action.
- Remember God never changes and He is always constant.
- Grab your camera, and take a walk through the leaves.
YOU CAN DO THIS!