Our whole world is shrouded in this illness. Yes, we are all in this together with no choice of our own. For most of us, we are doing due-diligence, staying home, and staying our distance. High Five to you!
I wanted to encourage you all as you are doing your best to stay safe at home, staying the course, and staying grounded when you feel like your feet are slipping beneath you.
God knows this has happened and it hasn’t surprised Him. He is offering His comfort when we feel overwhelmed, when panic attacks overtake us, when fear of the unknown and financial issues hit us, when we are desperately missing our friends and family, and when we are deeply concerned about the safety for those we love.
I have found myself overwhelmed and in a state of panic sometimes. Do you feel that way? When can I leave my house and feel safe? Will our children stay healthy? What about finances and how to meet the bills that are still coming? Did I touch something that has the virus? What will be the next shortage other than toilet paper? ☹ This has not only hit a part of the world…we are all facing it every day.
As we face each update of COVID-19, claiming Scripture has helped to calm my heart and mind. Listening to worship music has been a positive place to calm my nerves. Not allowing fear to take hold and releasing my conversations to God helps me walk through the day.
There are organizations that are ready to encourage and listen to you.
TheLife.com –You are able to reach out to a Mentor.
Focus on the Family has a link:
Billy Graham Evangelistic Association 24hr Prayer Line: 888-388-2683
My childhood girlfriend and I are doing daily devotionals together from miles away with the app YouVersion. A great way to connect. Why not check on their plans and ask someone to join you.
We are all in this together, so will you read these Scriptures along with me to comfort our hearts? Reach out to God…He knows. So, when we say, What On Earth? read these:
- The earth trembles, and its people shake; you alone keep its foundations firm. Psalm 75:3
- Our Lord and our God, you are my mighty rock, my fortress, my protector. 2 Samuel 22:2
- So always trust the Lord because he is forever our mighty rock. Isaiah 26:4
- I prayed to the Lord: Our Lord, you are the one who gives me strength and protects me like a fortress when I am in trouble. Jeremiah 16:19
- In times of trouble, you will protect me. You will hide me in your tent and keep me safe on top of a mighty rock. Psalm 27:5
- But I will sing about your strength, my God, and I will celebrate because of your love. You are my fortress, my place of protection in times of trouble. Psalm 59:16
- Can anything separate us from the love of Christ? Can trouble, suffering, and hard times, or hunger and nakedness, or danger and death? Romans 8:35
We will get through this. As the Apostle Paul said in 2 Corinthians …we will get up again.
In times of trouble, God is with us, and when we are knocked down, we get up again. 2 Corinthians 4:9
- Read these and other verses to comfort your soul and your heart
- Know we are in this together…keep staying at home and stay safe so we can eventually go out
- Check on the above links to reach out to those that are waiting to listen
- Call someone today and have a good long chat
- Remember you are never alone.
WE CAN DO THIS BECAUSE WE ARE IN THIS TOGETHER AND GOD IS HERE!