Summer, though busy, seems to give some opportunity to get re-fueled and refreshed. There are invites to BBQ’s, kids summer programs, times to sit by the water and campfires with sticky marshmallow’s, and long weekends getting caught up on life.
Single parents, you will probably have some time to yourself as you share holidays with your ex. I know it can be hard to separate yourself from your kids, so give yourself permission to enjoy those time to get re-fueled.
As the years went on, I began to enjoy my “Linda Time”. I didn’t do anything super adventurous but I did paint the girls bedrooms (I hate painting but it was a project I needed to get done), I met up with girlfriends, went for evening bike rides, read some good books, and walked the beach. It gave me time to refocus and re-fuel for when they came back through the door.
Don’t feel guilty about it. Enjoy every minute because you need it.
I am not sure where you are on your Faith walk, so may I encourage you over the next few weeks to work through some issues with God.
When life throws you lemons, it can be easy to:
- Blame God and be angry at Him for what your life is right now
- Feel dry in your spirit making it easy to feel bitterness and resentment for what life has handed you
- Feel exhausted doing life because you are just plum tuckered out
May I suggest:
- Be honest with God. He can take it. Tell Him your feelings and disappointments. Tell Him your fears, hurts, but also your dreams and hopes. He is always ready.
- Take some time to read Scriptures to begin to re-fuel and refresh yourself in God’s Word. Would you take the challenge? I am working through a reading program right now. Search the world wide web for yourself. Here are just three links I found. I am using the last one.
Maybe start small but be sure to start!
Make up your own challenge by reading a certain book of the Bible, or read a book about God (www.christianbook.com) and re-fuel your life to be refreshed so you can be all God has created you to be. Remember, ONE is a whole number!
- Be encouraged by what God says. Some say the Bible it is an out-dated book. I think you will be very surprised it isn’t.
The law of the Lord is perfect,
refreshing the soul.
The statutes of the Lord are trustworthy,
making wise the simple. Psalm 19:7 (NIV)
You, Lord, are my shepherd.
I will never be in need.
You let me rest in fields
of green grass.
You lead me to streams
of peaceful water,
and you refresh my life.
You are true to your name,
and you lead me
along the right paths. Psalm 23: 1-3 (CEV)
- Open the pages and begin your summer adventure to be Re-fueled and Refreshed.
- Share your heart with God
- Challenge yourself to get into God’s Word for encouragement
- Enjoy some time to yourself this summer and ask the hard questions
YOU CAN DO THIS!