There is so much more to learn from this book. I hope you will do a study yourself and underline the words, “wisdom, wise, common sense, and good sense” and see what you come up with.
Wisdom isn’t just for someone with a master’s degree or a doctorate. It is for each and every one of us. God is wanting to give each of us this gift while journeying through life. Single Moms, your journey is tough and you may find yourself constantly seeking wisdom as you raise your children, balance your bank account, and deal with those challenging people in your life.
True wisdom is obtainable by asking God.
Let’s recap the words of Proverbs from over the last few weeks.
- I am Wisdom—Common Sense is my closest friend; I possess knowledge and sound judgement. Proverbs 8:12
- Wise people have enough sense to find their way, but stupid fools get lost. Proverbs 14:8.
- I am Wisdom. If you follow me, you will live a long time. Proverbs 9:11
- You will say the wrong thing if you talk too much—so be sensible and watch what you say. Proverbs 10:19
- It makes youlook good when you avoid a fight— only fools love to Proverbs 20:3
- Children with good sense accept correction from their parents, but stubborn children ignore it completely”. Proverbs 13:1
- Use wisdom and understanding to establish your home: let good sense fill the rooms with priceless treasures. Proverbs 24: 3-4
I think it is pretty awesome that the God of the Universe loves to fill our hearts and our minds with wisdom, if we are willing to trust in Him and ask for His help. Pouring our life into partnering with God, trusting in His Son, Jesus Christ, and asking the Holy Spirit to dwell in us, will help us put one foot in front of the other through life.
God never said life would be easy, but He did say He would carry us and lead us as each morning breaks.
In my own life experience, God has done just that. I am thankful that Jesus sacrificed His death on the cross so I could have a spiritual relationship with Him. His wisdom brought me through 12 years as a single mom. It can happen for you too.
Within the walls and structure of your home continue to claim, Proverbs 24. “Use wisdom and understanding to establish your home: let good sense fill the rooms with priceless treasures”.
At the end of the day, Wise Solomon put it all in a nutshell,
“Everything you were taught can be put into a few words:
Respect And Obey God! This is what life is all about.” Ecclesiastes 12:13
- Why not challenge yourself and memorize the above verses.
- Partner with God and use His wisdom to help you each and every day.
- Do a study in Proverbs about wisdom.
- Establish your home with wisdom and understanding.
YOU CAN DO THIS!