Toast and Jam, a toothbrush and toothpaste, and a pair of rubber gloves are like Wisdom and Common Sense. They belong together and as the Scripture says,
I am Wisdom—Common Sense is my closest friend; I possess knowledge and sound judgement. Proverbs 8:12
As a single mom, there were many times I was tired of having to practice common sense. Why did I have to be responsible with so many life decisions for my little family? Sometimes, I just wanted to ‘fly by the seat of my pants’ so to speak, but then I knew I would pay for it later.
Solomon knew what he was talking saying that common sense is needed to live a better quality of life.
How do we do this?
Keep in tune with wisdom and think what it means to have common sense. Beg as loud as you can for good common sense. Search for wisdom as you would search for silver or hidden treasure. Then you will understand what it means to respect and to know the Lord God. Proverbs 3: 2-5
Asking is just a prayer away and then listen to God’s heart.
- PRACTICE IT
If you have good sense, instruction will help you to have even better sense. Proverbs 9:9
As you face each week, you will need Wisdom and Common Sense when
- Issues come up with the children.
- Issues come up at work.
- There are certain relationships to deal with. How to deal with toxic people in your life? If you are to start dating, or needing to end one. What relationships are healing or pulling you down? Is your child is having issues with a kid in her/his school or neighbourhood?
- Issues of everyday living. Do I buy that dress on the rack? What kind of food budget will get us through this week?
- Issues to plan your busy lifestyle.
Bottom line, if we ask God and practice wisdom and common sense, the end result will be:
COMMON SENSE + WISDOM=LIVING A SURVIVAL SUCCESSFUL LIFE.
Will it be easy? Probably not, but as each situation comes and goes, you will find these two friends will empower you to keep moving ahead and strengthen your character. God is there to help you. When you goof (I certainly did that numerous times), learn from them and move ahead. I know because He has proven over and over that these two friends were there to hold my hands. They will be there for you too!
“Everything you were taught can be put into a few words:
Respect And Obey God! This is what life is all about.” Ecclesiastes 12:13
- Write out Proverbs 8:12 and keep handy.
- Understand that Wisdom and Common sense are your friends.
- Ask God to help you with Wisdom.
- Practice good Common Sense.
YOU CAN DO THIS!