Compliments can be a dime a dozen, but SINCERE compliments are like mittens on a cold day, a steaming cup of coffee, and a multi-vitamin to get us through the day!
As single moms true compliments can be like a cold drink walking through the desert. Feelings of inadequacy, a failed marriage, and heavy responsibilities can leave one feeling pretty empty.
Hearing words that I was doing a great job raising my girls or that they were proud of me for standing for Truth made my heart skip a beat and brought happy tears to my eyes. I wasn’t out looking for compliments but it certainly filled my empty box of emotions.
I know for a fact that some single moms are so desperate for love and affirmation they grab the first man that enters their life. Others used the credit card or alcohol to sooth their hurting heart causing even more grief and even more need of compliments. It is easy to get into that trap.
A truth fact:
This is the month of ‘love’ making life feel pretty low on the love ladder for some. Let’s see what God has to say about us. His compliments are tested and true. We just need to run to Him and let Him lift our spirits and give us a steady foundation for everything that is swirling around us.
- But I will sing about your strength, my God,and I will celebrate because of your love.You are my fortress,my place of protection in times of trouble. Psalm 59:16
- Your love is a treasure, and everyone finds shelter in the shadow of your wings. Psalm 36:7
- The Lord’s kindness never fails!If he had not been merciful,we would have been destroyed.The Lord can always be trusted to show mercy each morning. Lamentations 3:22-23
- This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. 1 John 4:14 (NIV)
- He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. Psalm 147: 3 (NIV)
God wants to invest in your life and encourage you each step of the way.
I know I always say this at the bottom of every blog but it is because I believe it with all my heart.
YOU CAN DO THIS!
Stay strong in God’s Truth and God’s Love and you are going to make it!
- Take one of these complimentary verses and put it to memory. When you have memorized it, go to the next one. They will be like a vitamin.
- Trust God that He is rooting for you, loves you and your kids, and wants to have a relationship with you.
- God’s compliments are true blue.
- Say one sincere compliment to your kids every day this week. Watch how they are encouraged.
I’ll say it again, YOU CAN DO THIS!