It was my lifeline as a single mom. I had no one to help with the house duties, bills that came through the mail slot in my door, delivering my girls to the sitter or to extra-curricular activities. When I heard those words, they were like an energy drink!
Unfortunately, there are people who try and make us believe and think like they do. There is no flexibility and often they become ‘ticked’ if we don’t adhere to their way of thinking. Their manipulation and controlling spirit can make it difficult. What a frustrating way to live.
- We never have to question or doubt God’s thoughts. They are perfect, they are pure, and they are spot on!
Isaiah 55:9 says, As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.
It is wonderful when God of the universe says, ‘I have been thinking of you’, and ‘you are in my thoughts.’
How precious to me are your thoughts, God! How vast is the sum of them! Psalm 139:17
- We have a choice to think on good things. No one can choose for us what we think. I remember so vividly while I was raising my girls, I would often get negative or pushy comments. I always went back to my foundation of what God would be pleased with. Even if I had opposition, I knew that being obedient to God was the right decision. When stinkin’ thinkin’ starts to crowd in, we can ask God to help us take those thoughts captive.
We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. 2 Corinthians 10:5
It is a WIN-WIN situation.
- I see a shovel to bury the stinkin’ thinkin’.
- When others try to make you think other than what God thinks, remember 2 Corinthians 10:5
- Teach your children how important it is to think positively.
- Don’t forget to tell someone ‘You are in my thoughts’.
YOU CAN DO THIS!