There are times we face a staircase with hundreds of steps wishing we would be on the downward journey. At that moment, we have a choice to make. One, sit in defeat or two, begin to pick ourselves up to climb one step at a time.
Truth is, life can knock us down. Good news:
God doesn’t leave us helpless.
Look at one of His many promises,
If you do what the Lord wants, he will make certain each step you take is sure. The Lord will hold your hand, and if you stumble, you still won’t fall. Psalm 37: 23-24
When living in obedience, God gives SURE STEPS when:
- The ex is giving you grief and you need God’s special touch of wisdom and comfort.
- The kids have some painful adjustments to make and you need God to hold your hand to know what the best route is.
- You are thinking of entering the dating scene again and you need God’s wisdom to help you with the next step.
- The bills on the kitchen table are piling up and you need God to help you with the decisions and what resources to use.
- Your feet feel like they are mired in cement and you want to hold up the white flag of defeat so you need God to help you with a new pair of shoes that fit for the next part of the journey.
- You aren’t sure God is there, so you need to trust in His help so you don’t stumble as you move ahead.
We all struggle and God knows that. That is why He says to ask for help. He will encourage all of us to keep putting one foot in front of the other and He will be there. I know this because He has faithfully walked with me!
- Memorize Psalm 37: 23-24
- Trust that God will help you not stumble and make your steps sure.
- Live in obedience to God…He will honour that.
- Ask God what He wants you to do.
YOU CAN DO THIS!