Our eyes are like a camera taking snapshots of life around us. Situated between the nose is a sense organ making a panoramic view of our world. What colour are yours? When we struggle with our vision, we understand the importance of those peepers. What we view helps us gather information and
Our world has many temptations that lure our eyes to view things that are not good for us and slowly desensitizes our lifestyle. We see things in magazines or stores and we ‘just have to have it’. Before we know it credit cards are maxed and that all-important item doesn’t really satisfy. Recently, a pastor shared that more and more women are being addicted to porn.
Without a doubt, we can use our beautiful eyes to become empowered women of character if we FIX our eyes on three things.
- LOOK AT the positive things in your life:
- You have an ex-spouse mixed with issues but the positive side is you have children you can love and invest in.
- You are desperately lonely but the positive side is you have family and friends to enrich your life.
- There are days that may feel like a dark cloud is hanging over you but the positive side is there are many days of beautiful sunrises and sunsets to view. Many times I sat quietly viewing God’s creation allowing that heavy discouraging cloud to slowly dissipate.
- Bill payments are never ending but on the positive side you seem to keep paying them off little by little.
- Your car is constantly in the repair shop but the positive side is that you are able to get from A to B until plan C comes along.
Looking for the positives in negative situations give us a brighter perspective.
- LOOK FOR books and more books!
I love books! They are a great teacher and a great educator. As a kid and young adult, I never read much. When my world shattered and I became a single mom, books were a part of my therapy and healing. I began to read and learn so much.
If you are wondering where to start, check out my Linda’s Library tab on this blog for some suggestions. Check out the public library, the church library, or download e-books for a great price for some great helpful reads.
Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers. Charles W. Eliot
- LOOK UP and LOOK INTO God’s Word
As a kid I used to watch a television series called, The Friendly Giant and he would always say, ‘Look up, waaaayy up’! We have the ability to look up, way up! See an All-Wise God who wants to help.
It certainly helped me when I saw things that hurt my heart. For example, my ex with his girlfriend, the empty pew beside me at church, friends inviting each other out with no invite for the kids and I, families playing at the park, and an empty space in my bed.
I look to the hills! Where will I find help? It will come from the Lord, who created the heavens and the earth. Psalm 121:1-2 (CEV)
God never changes and His Scriptures tell stories of people who are going through exactly the same things we are. His words can be trusted.
The Lord’s instructions is right; it makes our heart glad. His commands shine brightly, and they give us light. Psalm 19:8 (CEV)
You can never waste your time reading God’s Word. It is The Guide Book for life. It promises to give peace like nothing in this world can give.
Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you. Philippians 4:9 (NIV)
- Evaluate what you are looking at and decide if it will be positive for your character
- Challenge yourself to read some inspirational books (take a peek at Linda’s Library)
- Try every day this week to use those beautiful eyes to read God’s Word
- Look up and see ‘where your help comes from’.
Linda’s Inner Beauty tip for the week: Memorize, ‘And let us run with perservence the race marked out for us, FIXING our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith’. Hebrews 12:1-2 (NIV)
Kayla’s Outward Beauty tip: To keep our eyes sharp, buy polarized sunglasses. It’s like using a sunscreen for your eyes. This will help keep away dryness and long term damage.
Next week: Our Knees
YOU CAN DO THIS!