Love? People fall in and out of love weekly, marriages are on the fast decline, and sadly, sexually transmitted diseases are on the rise because of one night stands. Why? Humans want to feel love to the depth of their toes and yet, this feeble kind of love isn’t even scratching the surface of the skin.
If you were like me, a Single Mom’s definition of love probably means something totally different.
It’s the love when:
- You feel unlovable
- You feel like a failure as a wife
- You feel like your heart will never stop aching
- You desperately want another chance at love
- You need wisdom and strength to raise your kids
- And…..you just want to be loved the right way!
God’s Bible is full of His love stories. He loves the underdog, the unclean, the rejected, the wealthy, the lonely, the poor, the sick, the children, people in high places, people in low places, and the Single Mom!!!
He was so excited to create our own DNA. He believed in mankind by sacrificing His Son, Jesus, so we can have a one-on-one relationship with Him. He opened His arms to us….and is waiting to show His Love. NOW THAT IS THE FRUIT CALLED LOVE!
The famous love chapter, 1 Corinthians 13, enforces God’s TRUE LOVE. This Fruit Called Love is what we need in our life-bowl; not the worlds definition of paper-thin love.
Love is kind and patient, never jealous, boastful, proud or rude. Love isn’t selfish or quick tempered. It doesn’t keep a record of wrongs that others do. Love rejoices in the truth, but not in evil. Love is always supportive, loyal, hopeful, and trusting. Love never fails. vs.4-8
Putting this verse into action will change the way you think and feel.
- God’s love will help you to become kind and patient to those that get on your nerves.
- His love will comfort you when people get new things and your worn-out items will still be worn out for a while longer.
- This fruit will keep your mouth closed when you want to say something mean to someone, even if they deserve it.
- God’s love will put things in perspective when you want to brag about an issue to make yourself look good.
- Grab this fruit when your ex pushes your emotional button and you want to say something rude
- Or… when bitterness wants to boil in your soul.
- Love believes in Truth and wants nothing to do with evil doings.
- This love will help you be supportive to your children
- It will fill your heart with an attitude of hope for new days ahead.
- God’s love will enable you to trust Him in all things, and help heal so you can trust again.
- You feel unlovable- …I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness. Jeremiah 31:3 (NIV)
- You feel like a failure as a wife– (Today is a new day!) They are new every morning: great is your faithfulness. Lamentations 3:23 (NIV)
- You feel like your heart will never stop aching – The Lord is close to the broken hearted and save those who are crushed in spirit. Psalm 32:18 (NIV)
- You desperately want another chance at love—For your Creator will be your husband; the Lord of Heaven’s Armies is his name! He is your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel, the God of all the earth. Isaiah 54:5 (NLT)
- You need wisdom to raise your kids– Parents, don’t be hard on your children. Raise them properly. Teach them and instruct them about the Lord. Ephesians 6:4 (CEV)
- And…..you just want to be loved the right way! The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Deuteronomy 31:8 (NIV)
Grab your life-bowl filled with God’s Fruit called LOVE and begin to heal your heart. God’s love NEVER FAILS.
- Write out the above verses and keep them close to you
- When people get on your nerves, remember 1 Corinthians 13
- Ask God to help you understand what True Love is all about
- With God’s Spirit and this Fruit Called Love, begin your new day!
Next week: The Fruit called Joy!
YOU CAN DO THIS!