Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, Ephesians 6: 14
How goes the battle? Let’s get the Breastplate in place.
Single Mom’s need the Breastplate of Righteous in the everyday battle of life. More often than not, the heart hurts and those set of lungs find it hard to breathe trying moving forward. It is not only believing the need to be righteous, it is taking the next step of obedience.
For it is not those that hear the law who are righteous in God’s sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous. Romans 2:13
God has you covered. He offers this breastplate in your journey. It will give you a desire to do what is right and true even:
- When the ex is not supplying the child support
- When lies are being told about you (remember the Belt of Truth?)
- When finances are at an all-time low
- When the job feels unfulfilled
- When your kids begin to rebel
- When you feel like hold up the white flag of exhaustion
- When you want someone to love you and loneliness is downright painful
God will help guard your heart. He will help you to breathe.
And the Heavens proclaim His righteousness, for He is a God of justice. Psalm 50:6
Let Him help you. When life’s battle is feeling like you are losing, don’t give up. As you live a righteous life and do right in the sight of God, He will stand with you and help you.
Answers may not come right away, but let God’s righteousness rule and protect your heart. Place this Breastplate on and let Him take your attitude, your pain, and your healing. His Breastplate of Righteousness will give you peace when it feels like anything but.
Living a life of righteousness obtained only from God will give your courage to fight the Battle of Life. People (that includes some ex’s) who don’t fight with God’s righteousness as their foundation will one day lose the fight. Bill quotes an old saying, “Go right and never go wrong’. If we live by God’s righteousness, despite others choices, we will never go wrong. Don’t give up, let life’s fight be led by God. He can be trusted and He will rule with justice!
With this Breastplate of Righteousness you can:
- Make right decisions about your kids
- Make right decisions about your job
- Make right decisions when your ex is being difficult
- Make right decisions about your finances
- Make right decisions about today and the future
We have the Belt of Truth and the Breastplate of Righteousness. Even with only these two pieces of Armour, you are farther ahead to fight the good way than those who live without God as their Guide.
Next week we talk about shoes! I know….I LOVE shoes. Get ready to get a new pair!
- Claim God’s Breastplate of Righteousness and place it over your heart
- Let God be your Righteousness as a single mom
- Obedience to do what is right will lead to victory.
- When it feels like you are losing the battle, claim the verse, And the Heavens proclaim His righteousness, for He is a God of justice. Psalm 50:6
- God’s Breastplate of Righteousness will guide you and give you peace.
YOU CAN DO THIS!