In today’s society, good deals and values help to save the pocket book. Single moms, another extremely important big deal is a value system preparing yourself for the dating scene.
As single Moms, your children will learn about relationships from you! It is amazing what they hear, see, and perceive. When they look at your life and how you live, what values will help them into adulthood in their dating relationships and future mate?
Teach your children right from wrong, and when they are grown they will still do right. Proverbs 22:6 (CEV)
To help teach your children about positive relationships, it is important to set your own positive value system.
Many times history repeats itself in relationships.
- Sadly, those growing up as children in abusive relationships, whether physical or emotional, find the same type of spouse and the cycle continues.
- Single moms who have a new guy each week shows little respect for herself or her kids. Some children see the guy sneaking out of their mom’s bedroom.
- Some call their kids to pick them up at the local bar because they have had too much to drink screaming desperation.
- There are moms who live in a fantasy world of steamy book romances or movies believing their Knight will show up. Their life is not about TRUE reality.
- Moms are so lonely they go out with anyone that asks them.
- Some talk so negatively about men, passing on confusion and bitterness to their children.
Good News! The cycle can be stopped.
Accept life as it is today. You are single, separated, divorced, widowed, and alone. Hey! You having a whole new world ahead of you. You can now set a whole new positive value system. You are worth it. The articles previously on respect and enjoying time with yourself are so important. Grab a pen and paper and write out how you need to be treated on dates.
Set the standards high as you go out on dates. Ask God to guide you in your life values and in turn it will be the ‘bestest’ example to your kids.
I will study your teachings and follow your footsteps. I will take pleasure in your laws and remember your words. Young people can live a clean life by obeying your word. Psalm 119: 15-16; 9
Values can be asking:
- Am I Reading God’s Guide Book to give me the answers?
- Is this guy interested in your character and belief system?
- Does he open the door, call to see how you are doing?
- Does he ask how your kids are? Does he treat them with respect?
- Could you leave this guy alone with your kids?
- Does he respect you physically and ask if it is ok to hold your hand?
- How does he talk about his ex?
- Is he pushy and controlling? Does he respect your space?
- Does he respect God? Are you on the same page in your spiritual walk and do you help each other to be all you can be?
Note: If we cannot learn to accept and love ourselves, we will be confused on our own values. It is a Big Deal to have good and positive values. It will do you well and show your sons and daughters their need to be treated by high values in any relationship.
Change the stats! History can be changed and it can start with you!
If you don’t have a copy of the Bible, click this link, put it in your favourites, and begin to read! Start with Psalms in the Old Testament, or the Book of John in the New Testament.
- Do you believe you are worth it?
- What important Values will you set for dating?
- What important values are you wanting to teach your kids on dating?
- Values are priceless and a great deal you can’t miss!
Next week: A Family Christmas Blessing!
YOU CAN DO THIS!!