Joshua 1:9 (CEV) I’ve commanded you to be strong and brave. Don’t ever be afraid or discouraged! I am the Lord your God, and I will be there to help you wherever you go.
We can get so easily discouraged. Our goals can seem like such a distant pursuit. Our dreams…well, usually they feel like a nightmare. Don’t lose hope. God kept telling Joshua to be strong and brave because He knew he and the Israelites needed the reassurance.
God used Moses as an example for Joshua to keep going. Life is unknown and sometimes changes happen on a dime. I remember those feelings of being so weak and scared just like Joshua.
God was my only constant. I had to visualize God rescuing me as I climbed mountains of issues and lived in the valleys of life. Sometimes the battle was too much to bear.
God had to remind his people, Long ago I promised the ancestors of Israel that I would give this land to their descendants. So be strong and brave! Be careful to do everything my servant Moses taught you; (vs 6-8)
The Israelites then said to Joshua, If the Lord our God will help you as he helped Moses, and if you are strong and brave, we will obey you as we obeyed Moses. (vs17)
We, too, need to keep saying and believing to be strong and brave even if the knees feel like rubber and feet feel encased in cement.
Single Moms have a lot to deal with:
- Court appearances facing a judge with the ex in the room requires bravery
- Kids illnesses needs extra physical strength
- Financial crunches leave you almost paralyzed feeling weak and scared as it plays over and over in your mind
- Loneliness burns in your heart (see June 1 post) and you don’t want to be brave to go it alone
- Broken promises and dreams seem to be more the norm and strength is waning
- Unfulfilled goals laying on a tear-stained written list making you feel scared that nothing will move ahead
- Confused what direction to take making you want to hold up the white flag of surrender instead of fighting as a brave and strong soldier
He will continually pull you up one situation at a time letting you know He is going to help you be brave and strong. He is calling you to hold on tight! When life’s issues arise, He will be there handing out strength and bravery.
You feel weak, GOD IS STRONG
You feel scared, GOD IS BRAVE
Isaiah 41:13 (NIV), For I am the Lord Your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.
Isaiah was right when he wrote those words. There is Hope! God will help you be brave and strong in your journey. Come to Him, call on His name, and tell Him your fears and your weakness. I was scared and I was weak but can say He never failed to be there for me as I held His hand.
- Feeling weak? Don’t worry, God is your strength
- Feeling scared? Don’t worry, God will help you be brave
- Grab hold of God’s hand, He has His hand outstretched
- Read Joshua 1 and understand they walked this same journey
- Teach your kids to be strong and brave
YOU CAN DO THIS!