I am working on planting flowers into the soil. This soil is foundational to give it stability, nutrients, and a home to bloom.
So it is with God’s Word. When we have the foundation of the very words of God planted in our hearts, we are able to thrive. After my ex-husband left, my heart was so broken I felt I was dying inside. Many nights I lay in bed holding my Bible close to my heart. It wasn’t because there was some magical power in holding it but it was a comfort believing that God’s promises were close to my heart. His words kept me moving ahead. I have heard from others who have done the very same thing.
No one truly knows the total sacrifices, immense strength and courage it takes to survive as a single mom unless you walk this path. It is so easy to become discouraged and feel like throwing in the towel.
You don’t need to just survive. You can have success and blossom to the fullest in life. People will fail you but God won’t. One of His most treasured gifts to us is His Scriptures.
When you feel there is no ‘soil’ or strength in our life, reach for the Bible. God’s word will enrich your life.
I understand there are days when life is absolutely nuts and the best case scenario is claiming a few verses to ground yourself to get through the day.
We can never have enough Scripture. For me, it helped me wake up in the morning, move throughout the day, and comfort me through the night.
- I have used this verse many times in my life as I dealt with school teachers, my ex, job interviews, the children, and basically; just to breathe!
Psalm 19:14 (CEV) Let my words and my thoughts be pleasing to you, Lord, because you are my mighty rock and my protector.
- When I was exhausted not only physically but emotionally.
Psalm 94:18, When I felt my feet slipping, you came with your love and kept me steady.
- My bank account looked bleak only to have endless bills arrive and the girl’s birthday celebrations were fast approaching. There is a little chorus by John W. Peterson called, He owns the cattle on the Thousand Hills. There were some intense financial situations before me and I would pray asking God if He could please sell one of His cows and send me the proceeds!!
Psalm 50:10, Every animal in the forest belongs to me, and so do the cattle on a thousand hills.
- When I was so desperately lonely and feeling very unloved.
Romans 8:38, I am sure that nothing can separate us from God’s love—not life or death, not angels or spirits, not the present or the future.
Psalm 59:16, But I will sing about your strength, my God, and I will celebrate because of your love. You are my fortress, my place of protection in times of trouble.
If you are needing a verse to help you through the day, there is a great resource on the website called www.biblegateway.com
We are never exempt from trials but God won’t leave us stranded. The Bible is the foundation to make us grow and bloom to be all we can be.
Don’t wait any longer. God’s Word will be like nutrients and vitamins budding in your soul just as the soil is to little plants that need to grow and thrive.
- Claim verses to remind you of God’s Promises
- When you feel like throwing in the towel, let’s God’s words be an encouragement to keep going
- Buy a few plants so you and your kids can play in the dirt
- God will help you and your kids bloom. Let Him be the soil and foundation for your life
- It takes time for plants to come to full bloom. Allow God to help you bloom in your journey
YOU CAN DO THIS!