I personally feel many single moms should be wearing a bright and shiny medallion on their lapel because of their sacrifice and dedication. It is nothing to sneeze at. Single moms, who live in Reality, are taking the bull by the horns trying to do their best. Because of this, it produces positive steps to move forward.
Maybe you can identify Reality like I did as a Single Mom:
- Responsibility of kids
- Tired of financial stress
- Emotionally exhausted
- Constantly learning new things (Ex. car issues or repairs of home)
- living with pain and grief
I had the opportunity to see a counselor. He used to say to me, Linda…Live In Reality. I had to learn to face facts and begin to deal with them; even if I didn’t like it. Every week, each situation, and each passing year I had to challenge myself to Live in Reality. It produced positive turning points for me and my kids.
- Grew in my relationship with God and hear His voice
- Encouraged others
- Built a team with my two daughters
- Trusted that God had brought me this far and would continue to do so
- Learned that it was ok to be Linda and get to know myself as God did
- Understand that life was tough but I was going to make it
- Accepted that for now, I was going to be single
- Working on healing
- dealing with some painful issues in positive ways
When troubles came, I had to claim:
2 Corinthians 4:7-9 (CEV), We are like clay jars in which this treasure is stored. The real power comes from God and not from us. We often suffer, but we are never crushed. Even when we don’t know what to do, we never give up. In times of trouble, God is with us, and when we are knocked down, we get up again.
2 Corinthians 4: 15, All of this has been done for you, so that more and more people will know how kind God is and will praise and honor him.
Reality. It is good to be REAL with REALity.
- Accept your REALITY then….
- Take positive steps to move forward in new and exciting ways
- If you are puzzled about the next step, find a trusted person to confide in
- Be true to yourself
- Place your name here, “ _______Live in Reality.”
I AM GLAD I DID, YOU CAN DO THIS TOO!