Summer days are longer, brighter and warmer. From my corner of the world, we have a number of very cold and snowy days during the winter months. So, I welcome the sun as it peeks through the sky in the early mornings and lets me enjoy the outdoors late into the evenings.
Many suffer from SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) and I know days without sun affect my emotional state. Another kind of sad that Single moms encounter are ‘sad’ heartache days despite the sun shining brightly.
Their heart is heavy as they carry many responsibilities on their own and feel great loss. Many times I asked, as did David in the Psalms, “My soul is in deep anguish. How Long, Lord, how long?” (Psalm 6:3)
How long until the legal issues are resolved, how long until I don’t cry so much, how long do I have to stay single, how long will the children hurt and cry, how long will I have to keep feeling the shame of a failed marriage, how long until my finances reach a level of more than just survival, how long Oh Lord, how long….
If I did not have a faith relationship with The Son, Jesus Christ, I would have been lost. If you have not considered such a relationship before, here is a link to check this out.
- He holds us in His arms. Psalm 28: 9 Come save us and bless us. Be our Shepherd and always carry us in your arms.
- He is our Salvation. John 3:16 God loved the people of this world so much that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who has faith him will have eternal life and never really die.
- He gives us peace. Psalm 29: 11 Pray that our Lord will make us strong and gives us peace.
- He takes care of us. Psalm 27: 10 Even if my father and mother should desert me, you will take care of me.
- He refreshes us. Psalm 23:2-3 You let me rest in fields of green grass. You lead me to streams of peaceful water, and you refresh my life.
- He keeps His promises. Numbers 23: 19 God is no mere human! He doesn’t tell lies or change his mind. God always keeps his promises.
- He rescues us. Psalm 18:19 When I was fenced in, you freed and rescued me because you love me.
- He guides us. Psalm 18: 33 You give me strength and guide me right.
- He is our Defender. Psalm 35: 23 Fight to defend me, Lord God, and prove that I am right by your standards.
JESUS IS THERE, ALL THE TIME.
Whether the sun is shining today, The SON always shines and we can look to Him to brighten our day.
- Claim these verses to memory knowing Jesus will lighten the load
- Believe that Jesus can help when you are sad
- During these bright sunny days, understand The Son is always shining too
- When the clouds of discouragement and sadness come, read these verses over and let them penetrate your soul. Write your own favourite one and carry it with you
YOU CAN DO THIS!!!